Books to Read (Entrepreneurship)
As promised in the previous post, here are some good books on Entrepreneurship as recommended by Prof. Venkataraman. Once again, thanks to Thimmaiah Chendrimada for following up and patiently collating the list.
Prof. Venkataraman's List
- Rita McGrath and Ian MacMillan, 2000. The Entrepreneurial Mind-Set. Harvard University Press.
- Clayton Christensen, 1997. The Innovator’s Dilemma. Harvard University Press.
- Clayton Christensen and Michael Raynor, 2003. The Innovator’s Solution. Harvard University Press.
- Drucker, Peter. 1985. Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Harper & Row: New York.
- Duncan Watts, 2003. Six Degrees. Norton Press.
- Ronald Burt, 1995. Structural Holes (Chapter 1 and 3). Harvard University Press.
- Scott Shane, 2003. A General Theory of Entrepreneurship. Edward Elgar Press.
- Saxenian, Anna Lee, 1994. Regional Advantage. Harvard University Press.
- Bhide, Amar. 2000. The Origin and Evolution of New Businesses. Oxford University Press: New York.
- Sahlman, William, Stevenson, Howard, Roberts, Michael and Bhide, Amar. 1999. The Entrepreneurial Venture, Second Edition. HBS Press: Boston.
- What do venture capitalists do? HBS Case 9-288-015
- Sahlman, Structure and Governance of V.C. Investment, in Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 27 (1990)