Books to Read (Managing Organizations)
Here are some excellent books on Managing Organizations that were recommended by Prof. Paul Ingram. As always quite a few of them are good for laymen and no not require you to do an MBA to appreciate the concepts they talk about.
Warning: The last two, according to Prof. Ingram, are slightly dry academic tomes. Caveat Emptor!
- Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes And How To Correct Them [Gary Belsky, Thomas Gilovich]
- The Winner’s Curse [Richard Thaler]
- Competing by Design [Nadler and Tushman]
- The Visible Hand [Alfred Chandler]
- Tree: A Life Story [David Suzuki]
- No Gods No Masters [Daniel Guerin]
- Filling the Glass : The Skeptic's Guide to Positive Thinking in Business [Barry Maher]
- How we know what isn’t so [Tom Gilovich]
- Organizations in Action [James Thompson]
- Organization and Environment [Lawrence and Lorsch]