August 30, 2005

Books & DVDs

Had been to my old haunt: Paperbak (at Thane) to pick up some new books. If I have not pitched Mahesh's shop earlier, let me do so now. If you live in/around Thane and are desperately looking for books, just email Mahesh at paperbak at vsnl.com and you can be sure he will get them within a week or so.

Anyway, onto the books. Flow had been recommended to me by quite a few people. Was lucky as Mahesh was able to find a copy for me. Mohith had strongly recommended I pick up Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done. So that too went into the bag. Finally had to choose between Eldest and Love in the Time of Cholera. I had read Marquez recently and loved One Hundred years of Solitude. But sod it! Fantasy continues to remain my first love. So I picked up Eldest (a decision which I now regret!).

Later in the evening, Nilesh passed on the 12 DVD Director's Cut of LOTR which I had been waiting for quite some time. Even though, the whole thing set me back by an amount equal to the GDP of Burkina Faso, I think it was well worth it. :)

3 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jake said...

12 DVDs. 12 ?? whatever is in them ?

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's Paperback in Thane? Thane East or West. Any landmarks?
I loved the reviews on Amazon about Flow.

How do you like it?

Vinod

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Dhar said...

Vinod,

Paperbak is in Vasant Vihar, Thane West. The nearest landmark is the Cafe Coffee Day shop near Amrapali Arcade in Vasant Vihar.

Do check it out. If you have problems locating it, let me know. I will send you detailed instructions.

Cheers,
D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home