November 15, 2005

Books!

GRR Martin's eagerly awaited A Feast for Crows is out. Currently in the process of finishing that. The last few weeks have been good. Got time to finish:

Neil Gaiman's American Gods
Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere
Jonathan Stroud's The Amulet of Samarkand
Jonathan Stroud's The Golem's Eye
Malcolm Gladwell's Blink
Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man
Edward de Bono's Six Thinking Hats (not too impressed with this one)

In the pipeline:

Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel
Marcus Aurelius's Meditations
Betrand Russel's Unpopular Essays

3 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous monkeypup said...

Neil Gaiman is the best.
American Gods is great, as is Neverwhere. The edge going to Neverwhere.

Likewise, Reaper Man is a kick-ass read.

Now, if you like them both, you should love "Good Omens," the book they wrote together.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Dhar said...

Hey Monkeypup...

I have been searching for Good Omens for quite some time. Haven't been able to lay my hands on it yet. Hopefully a book hunting session this weekend might help me locate the book. :)

BTW, have you checked out Gaiman's Sandman?

Cheers,
D.

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous monkeypup said...

I have all the graphic novels. Even got my wife to read. Amazing stuff.

And do what you have to do to get Good Omens. It may not be the best book in the world, but it is the funniest.

Sorry I've been slacking on visiting your site, but darn I've been busy. Working on side projects and web-design.

I'll try to keep up now, especially to answer some more trivia questions as you put them out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home